Sunday, February 26, 2006

Crafting Connection 06

This year KiwiScraps are bringing over to little ol New Zealand, Ali Edwards, Donna Downey and Cathy Z. Phew, big time players there for sure. The New Zealand tutors are Wendy Redshaw Bruhns, Christina Buckley, Nic Howard and MOI! This is going to be a great convention. Those girls are all fun and so talented. I can't wait to take some of the classes from Ali and Donna especially. I know my friend Sara-Jane is just hanging out for Cathy's classes.

My project is - a mini album from scratch. Learn timeless techniques using stamps, paint, rub-ons, chipboard and ribbon. The finished album will walk you through 12 months of memories with a unique mini sized layout for every single month, all year long.

So, today, I have to create those 12 mini sized layouts and the instructions for each page as I am doing it. That's the bit I find the hardest. How do you explain to someone, take that bit of paper, rip a little bit off like so, stick it down there, take that other bit, add this to it before you stick it down, stick it down. Cut this little bit like this, do this to it before sticking it down. Now take your pen and add this, take the ink and rub that. LOL It seems so long and drawn out to me but I have learnt from experience that people wnat to know these things. They want to know the EXACT size to cut that little bit of card, the EXACT place to add that brad, the EXACT way to rub the ink! So I will do the instructions for each layout then everyone is happy! On with the day. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

1 comment:

Delys said...

Lol I remember from scrap camp last year the dimensions and how many mms from this that people asked so can totally understand your comments...lol and thats why I am one of your biggest fans Faye as you do it as you see it! I am so happy that you have been accepted into this new overseas DT! WTG and good on you!
Thanks Megan for the heads up on your Mums achievement! Go kiwis!