A night on the town
Last night we went to an engagement party then headed into town to the Casino. Didn't win any money, pity when I think about the heating pool costs, but had a fun night. The Casino was packed being a Saturday night, a couple of bands on the go so Katie and I had a bit of a dance before we headed to the pokies. Mike, Josh & Richard, hung around the Bar we guess, we didn't catch up with them again until around 2am. Mike was driver for the night so he was stone cold dead boring sober LOL and had to be persuaded that we REALLY needed hamburgers at that time of the morning, but he was good, burgers it was, from The White Lady, just off Queen Street, the BEST burgers in town at 2 in the morning, then he drove us to Mechanics Bay where we sat outside Mikano (one of the most expensive restaurants in town chomping on our burgers) Very funny. 
Was not so funny to get woken up by Riley at 6.45am but at least it made me get up and watch the Kiwis beat the pants off those Poms. (If you thought that statement was double dutch the Kiwis (NZ League team played the English league team in a test this morning (last night in England) and the Kiwis WON!!! Yeah, GO TEAM!! Pity about the cricket, those damn SAs aye Loftus.
3 comments:
I so remember the 'White Lady' from my night club and pub days. Yes many a good hamburger had there in the early hours of the morning.
I too remember the white lady days... varisty wouldn't have been the same without trips to the white lady at 2am!!! Hope the swim went well yesterday. my lot have already swum in the ocean - and without wetuits! But I doubt I'll be going for some time yet! Enjoy your heated pool!
Thanks for leaving a kind comment on my blog - this is quite fun. How's the walking going? I walked 5km on the treadmill on Monday in 48 minutes (well I thought that was good) but it's soo different out on the street. I would love to do a half marathon (walking of course!)- maybe you've inspired me!
Cheers
Mel
Post a Comment