I won - a Bus Blind
For a while I have been hoping to get my hands on an old bus blind. They were the signs used by buses before they all went electronic. The driver would have to turn them around to show the destinations. There have been a few for sale recently on Trade Me and there are some on ebay for different countries and then last night we were watching Cashmere Mafia and in the office right behind the desk of (the character that Lucy Liu plays) were 2 framed bus blinds. Anyway I've been hankering after a bus blind for a while and last week I bid on one up to my price and the other person stopped bidding and it finished on Sunday night with me anxioiusly sitting in front of the computer refreshing to see if anyone else bid on it and no one did and I won my bus blind. Woohooo.
Although I have mostly lived on the North Shore the names on here are all very common to Auckland and part of my past especially "Sandringham" which is where my grandmother lived for all of the time that I can remember her so I was really rapt to win it and at half the price the others are selling for so that was a real bonus. I'm going to frame it on a white background with a black frame I think. The one on the TV show was on a black background but I didn't think it stood out as well. 

This is a a picture of one that has been framed. Very cool I think.
4 comments:
cool bananas glad you won!
Can't wait to see what you have planned for it.
That is so cool! I love those blinds too, esp. how the font is different for each stop. Looking forward to it being hung.
Score! Very cool. Do we get to see it framed and hung?
I got my your home and garden magazine yesterday and there were a couple of homes with bus blinds in them.Seems to be the trend. I thought of you, do you have any pictures of it up to share with us yet?
Post a Comment