Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weight loss update

5 weeks since my battle of the bulge began and I am happy to say that there is 5.3kg less of me than there was 5 weeks ago. The Year of the Lettuce is rocking at work. There is 6 of us supporting each other in our weight loss efforts and together in the last 5 weeks we have lost 22.7kg. That's pretty darn good and we are all pretty chuffed with ourselves. I haven't had a potatoe, a piece of bread or a bottle of vodka in the last 5 weeks and it seems to be working.

Plus Mike is out walking with me and we are eating up the miles 5ks at a time. The alarm goes off at 5.20am and we are out of the door, burning up the fat. At least I hope we are. Mike says he doesn't seem any lighter on the scales than he was a few weeks back but he's getting fitter and I tell him, building muscle.

As Emily has no little 54 project this year, every week I'm creating a tag, writing what I've been up to that week, taking a weekly photo of myself and adding how much, if any, weight I have lost that week. I'm hoping to look a lot different in Tag 52 than now. Jo's helping me along with an extra long walk on sundays, here's our photo from a couple of weekends ago.

If there is one thing that gives me the incentive to eat right its those fat arms!! They are on the way out.

1 comment:

donna said...

good for you faye well done wow 5.20 in the morning mine is 5.45 and i thought that was too early lol