Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I can't believe it


I haven't posted here since November 05. Christmas, New Year, my birthday, my 35th Wedding Anniversary have all come and gone! So what's been happening with me. I've been looking for my mojo and I think I may have found it! I've been scrapping just for me, in my style, not worrying about whether anyone likes it, wants to publish it, or even looks at it, it's just been for me. Being as shabby as I want. Because of that I think, yes I know I have found my mojo and I'm enjoying scrapbooking again.

So, on the strength of that I decided that I would answer the call for new members of the Design Team for ScrapsAhoy. A website I have always enjoyed being part of. They have some wondeful scrapbookers on there who I have been inspired by recently and would love to be on a team with so I thought, what the heck, why not, I'll give it a go!! ScrapsAhoy is a Kit based website like so many are these days, but they were perhaps the first to think of this. Each month they present another Destination country/city and the Kit for that destination.

I had to create a Destination. Of course I chose New Zealand, Blue, Green, Orange, Black & White. I had such fun doing it too. A mini file folder and an altered tin as projects, ideas for journalling, (like the time line in "80 minutes at the Football" above) and a couple of layouts in those colours. (Riley and the Xmas beads and Riley's sandpit) (where would I be without Megan's kids) Entries closed on 15 February and the Q & A said that those who were to be asked to join the Crew would be phoned in March.

BTW do you notice in that 80 minutes layout, I have discovered a white paint pen and what fun that is. I know all the rage is for a sharpie but there are others out there in NZ. This one is from Painters. It is aNon Toxic and no odour Opaque Paint Marker. I bought it in an Art shop in Takapuna. It may be my new best friend. It is heaven to doodle with.

No comments: