Friday, September 07, 2007

A Day Off

Music to my ears. I've been flat out at work over the past few weeks so I decided to have a day's leave and shout myself a long weekend. Absolute bliss. This morning Riley and I baked, then I clipped the little hedge around the front garden, swept out the garage and read a few chapters of my book, all this without a moments guilty because I didn't take a sickie, I used a day of my annual leave. Yesterday I discovered through Nic Howard;s blog the blog of the talented Melissa Goodsell. Not only did she inspire me to make this last night (the cover for a used envelope album I've just put together) It's a bit crooked but if anyone reads this you'll get the picture. Still a bit to do on it yet but used my favourite felt to make the corner, tree and kite. The corner and tree are from Magistical Memories. Go take a look at ther site. Megan is guest designer this month and she's doing some amazing things with their chipboard. shapes.


but this morning's baking was this

from her recipe for easy peasy chockie slice. Believe me it was the easiest thing I've ever made I think, took hardly any time at all and it is delicious! Now I just need to make one of these recipe albums with the download from Cathy's blog and I'll be sure not to lose the recipe.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

That slice looks yummy, have added her to my blog list as some of those reciepes sound quite nice.
Glad you had a good day off.
Fiona

Anonymous said...

Oh you're so sweet :O) I LOVE love LOVE the felt card you've made, the tree and kite look fabulous.
Thanks for trying the slice recipe too :O)
Melx