A Scrapbooker
I used to be a scrapbooker now I don't seem to be one anymore. It's a bit sad really. I just have no motivation to scrap, really I think part of it is no money to scrap. Not being able to stock up on all the new and exciting products definitely slows you down. So I'm changing things around, I'm getting more into journals, playing with paint and collaging and sticking down serviettes and playing with words more than photos, and guess what, I'm having a lot of fun.
I saw this on Cathy's blog and really like the idea of this. Tags were one of my first loves and words now seem to be becoming another, so I've printed out the templates and I'm going to write something for every day, take a photo and try and keep up.
The other project I decided on for this year is this one Paper Adventure 08 from Elise Blaha. She's great fun. I discovered the perfect album lurking in my stash for this. Again, it's all about taking random photos or not and using words.
2 comments:
Faye, I read recently about using tags from the selvedges of fabric in the journals, so guess what I'm collecting to use now?
Don't you just love the mixed media? I'm sure your scrapbooking skills are still being used, just in a different way and perhaps it is part of the journey - to be motivated or not.
I don't scrapbook anymore either! I think my problem is that I have too much stuff, stuffed in too many nooks and crannies, drawers, closets etc and it's just too much of a production to get them all out and work on it. when there is never enough time to sit down and enjoy anyways. And too much stuff to choose from. What happened to the good ole simple days of scrappin? Anyways, the tag idea and the paper adventures idea looked great. can't wait to see what you do with all of that.
xoxo
shauna aka ucla
Post a Comment