The Sketchbook Retreat
was again a lot of fun. Nice to spend the weekend with SJ, Sam and Megan L. I taught one class again using lots of photos which included different display options using plastic sleeves. A bit out of the comfort zone for some but the majority gave it a go and seemed happy to be doing sonething different that wasn't all about the embellishments.
The Saturday night dress up was a hoot. The theme was "what do you want to be when you grow up?", we decided to go as MEN! Because we all know they have a pretty great life. :-)
Honestly, we thought we were screamingly funny! We really got into the "bloke" mentality, talking to the "sheilas". I haven't laughed so much for a long time, especially thanks to the ladies on the table next to us who flirted outrageously with us the whole night - and when the votes were counted WE WON! Considering the effort we put into dressing up and some of the huge effort others had done it was obviously our mouths that won it for us. The whole weekend was a lot of fun, great company, lots of laughs and I even managed a couple of layouts which I will scan and post soon. My Megan does a great job organising and running the weekend and I'm really looking forward to the next Retreat.
In case you don't recognise anyone the photo left to right is SJ, me, Megan & Sam.
1 comment:
sounds like it was a hoot!
Post a Comment